Monday 28 April 2014

Mitigating Circumstances

My tutor thinks I should fill out a mitigating circumstances form. My initial thoughts are as follows:

1.I might have had a bad term,but lupus is part of my life.
I am training ti be a doctor,I will always have lupus.When I begin to work as a doctor can I use my condition as an excuse for underperformance? Probably not,so why should I use it now

2.Did I really miss that much stuff?
Exams have not yet happened,how could she think I am at risk of failing? Eeeek!!! am I destined to fail??

3.It would be nice to have a back up plan.
If I fail,at least I wont automatically be kicked out of medical school.I have worked really hard to get this far so I should do everything in my power to protect my place at medical school.I didn't ask to be ill,so I sorta deserve a break.



I can choose if I want to apply for mitigating circumstances,however at the end of the day it is up to the university to decide if I should get them.

I appreciate having the choice,even if it brings problems of its own.I do not really know what to do at the moment,so if you have any thoughts please post them in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment